Skip to main content
PingPlotter Cloud Changelog
03-31-2021 — PingPlotter Version 5.19.4 Update
- (Windows) Fixed a Common Language Runtime error impacting some users.
03-30-2021 — PingPlotter Version 5.19.3 Update
- Fixed a critical issue that would prevent PingPlotter from shutting down and periodically cause Agents to stop collecting data.
03-23-2021 — PingPlotter Version 5.19.2 Update
- Fixed “UNIQUE constraint failed: Comments.ID” error, which affected some users with persistent comments
- (Windows) Fixed an issue in which the Windows Service was unable to shut down in certain scenarios (especially on Cloud Agents)
- (Web UI) The Web UI will no longer display “ArgumentNullException obj can not be null” during CloudConnect Controller sessions
- Agent templates - When creating a new Agent, you can now choose to have the Agent name automatically generate based on details derived from the Agent device (such as the machine name)
- An Agent's last public IP address is now listed in the Agent Details panel
- Reduced the number of popups that were showing errors when re-establishing identity credentials
03-01-2021 — PingPlotter Version 5.19.1 Update
- Updated packet generator - PingPlotter’s packet generator has been updated to improve its accuracy for sub-millisecond latencies over long periods of persistent testing.
- Comments in the web UI - Just like in the platform, you can add comments to specific points in Timeline Graphs. You can also set alerts to automatically add comments under specific conditions.
- Agent-based summaries in the web UI - PingPlotter Cloud Agents are now given unique target summaries, making it easier to manage traces on remote devices. In addition, you can now create LiveShare links for Agent summaries, allowing viewers to see the complete status of their network connection.
- Changed the Save Image alert to use a 24-hour time in file name instead of a 12-hour time
- Improved CloudConnect Agent install process to be less confusing when deploying to remote devices
- Special characters are now supported when naming an Agent through the web UI
- (Web UI) Made CloudConnect Agent management easier to navigate
- (Web UI) The target input history dropdown is now customizable and remembers previous entries
- (Web UI) Timeline Graph scrolling is much more smooth and logical
- (Web UI) Added an All LiveShare viewer page
- (Web UI) Added settings for latency color scale
- (Web UI) Updated control panel reactivity to work better on more screen sizes
- (Web UI) Improved the Trace Graph dropdown menu
- (Web UI) Improved resource usage and performance
- Fixed bugs in the Modify Summary and Route Adjustment alerts that prevented editing and creation in some instances
- (Web UI) Fixed scrollbars showing up unnecessarily on the login page
- (Web UI) Fixed Timeline Graph sorting so you can, you know, sort Timeline Graphs
- Agent-based summaries — We've added new auto-updating target summaries for each individual Agent. The Agent menu tab now has a dropdown where you can find each individual Agent summary.
- You can now create LiveShare links for Agent summaries.
- The LiveShare editor has been enhanced to allow for viewing all configured LiveShare links. Use the clear filter icon next to the header in a normal summary/Agent LiveShare list screen. When in filter-free mode, Cloud shows the name of the summary/Agent the link is configured for.
- Updated Timeline Graph visibility logic to share between different screens (target/summary/Agent) instead of duplicate code.
- Offline Agents now appear red in the Agent selector if the Agent is offline.
- Fixed a bug that would show editable menu options when impersonating someone without those permissions.
- Fixed an issue where Agent lists would sometimes take 15 seconds to populate after a page load.
- If a user does not have Agent Management permissions, they can now see the Agent tab in the sidebar. Clicking the Agent tab will not open the Agent editor when clicked.
- The LiveShare link editor now requires Summary Management permissions (previously links didn't show up but you could still get there manually if you knew the link ID).
- Updated the static footer to show the year 2021 (normally, the footer is dynamic, but during boot-up, the whole page is static).
- Several other fixes/improvements/refactorings of code for maintainability.
- Added latency scale settings to Display Settings editor. This supports all the same modes as the PingPlotter platform and defaults to scale Timeline Graphs to the open graph furthest down-route. This means latency scales are (by default) the same for all target Timeline Graphs rather than having the first hop use 2ms and the final destination use 200ms (or similar). Fixed scales are also supported.
- Created float-over hints in the Timeline Graph to show latency, packet loss / min / max details for a specific pixel-width of data.
- Resolved a drawing bug in Timeline Graphs that would sometimes merge two samples into one line in the graph. Level-of-detail looks better and more like the PingPlotter platform.
- Fixed an issue where live updates of Timeline Graphs would break on a target screen if you closed a Timeline Graph while more than one graph was visible.
- Dragging Timeline Graphs now uses the whole screen rather than just the graph area. Dragging the mouse outside of a graph will continue scrolling.