Installer Options and MSI
The PingPlotter install is MSI-based, and wrapped with a bootstrap that helps do upgrades.
Normally, the best way to install PingPlotter is just to launch the installer by downloading and double-clicking.
In some cases, though (particularly for deployment to multiple computers), it may be helpful to change the way PingPlotter is installed.
The bootstrap has several options to extract the MSI, log the install to file, debug, etc. To see the options, launch the installer from a command line and pass it a /? parameter - this will list the parameters that can be used.
PingPlotter license are stored in the registry in the following location:
"RegistrationCode"="Your License Key"
If you need to automate license key entry, you can write these values into the registry.
*** 64 bit windows warning *** - Since PingPlotter is 32 bit application, on a 64 bit machine, this needs to be written to:
There are several other options available through the command line interface of the installer. Please contact our support team with your needs, and we'll help you build the right install package.
- Discovering a route between you and a target
- Interpreting Results - A Quick Example
- Finding the source of the problem
- Finding the source of the problem - part 2
- Interpreting Results - Longterm Monitoring
- Interpreting Results - Gamers
- Interpreting Results - ISP Problems
- Interpreting Results - Bad Hardware
- Interpreting Results - Bandwidth Saturation
- Building a Compelling Case
- VoIP Troubleshooting Guide
Test end-user internet
PingPlotter Cloud helps solve network problems for other people.PingPlotter Cloud