This alert type gives you the ability to run any executable file type when the alert conditions are met. This allows users to create their own scripts, batch files, etc that can perform many actions.
Command to launch
This is where users can select what will be executed when the alert fires. This event can also be used to generate SNMP Trap messages.
If the command to be executed accepts parameters, users can add those here.
Due to the security implications regarding this alert event, when running PingPlotter as a Windows service, this alert event must first be enabled by a system administrator.
- Variable Substitution
- Auto-Saving of Data
- Running as a service
- Handling Multiple Targets
- Named Configurations
- Session Manager
- Local Network Discovery (LND)
- Exporting data for further analysis
- Route Changes
- Dynamic DNS Tracking
- Backing up PingPlotter Data
- Sharing PingPlotter data with others
- Discovering a route between you and a target
- Interpreting Results - A Quick Example
- Finding the source of the problem
- Finding the source of the problem - part 2
- Interpreting Results - Longterm Monitoring
- Interpreting Results - Gamers
- Interpreting ISP Problems | PingPlotter
- Interpreting Results - Bad Hardware
- Interpreting Results - Bandwidth Saturation
- Building a Compelling Case
- VoIP Troubleshooting Guide
Test end-user internet
PingPlotter Cloud helps solve network problems for other people.PingPlotter Cloud
Need an earlier version?
Versions one through four are available in the legacy manual.Legacy Manual