Related and interesting links
Occasionally, we run across an interesting topic, link or web site. We have no affiliation with any of these sites, and some of them may not even be up. Enter at your own risk (arrrggghhhh - pirate thoughts abound after reading the Traceroute and Pirates article).
- Some thoughts on speed of light latency - great article about why a good ping is important.
- DSL reports (your one stop shop for xDSL information)
- 808hi.com (tons of information for dialup modem users)
- Speedguide.net has equipment reviews, tweaks, etc.
- Daryl's TCP/IP primer - interesting information about TCP/IP
- The ping page (links to lots of stuff related to ping)
- The story of PING - where it all started...
- Traceroute (and Pirates) - humorous "How does traceroute work?" article. Sam Spade seems down, and this is too good of analogy to lose, so we can find it here on the Internet Wayback Machine.
- The museum of broken packets
- Variable Substitution
- Auto-Saving of Data
- Running as a service
- Handling Multiple Targets
- Named Configurations
- Session Manager
- Local Network Discovery (LND)
- Exporting data for further analysis
- Route Changes
- Dynamic DNS Tracking
- Backing up PingPlotter Data
- Sharing PingPlotter data with others
- Discovering a route between you and a target
- Interpreting Results - A Quick Example
- Finding the source of the problem
- Finding the source of the problem - part 2
- Interpreting Results - Longterm Monitoring
- Interpreting Results - Gamers
- Interpreting ISP Problems | PingPlotter
- Interpreting Results - Bad Hardware
- Interpreting Results - Bandwidth Saturation
- Building a Compelling Case
- VoIP Troubleshooting Guide
Test end-user internet
PingPlotter Cloud helps solve network problems for other people.PingPlotter Cloud
Need an earlier version?
Versions one through four are available in the legacy manual.Legacy Manual