Note: this alert event is specific to the Windows version of PingPlotter.
This is a great event to add to most of your alerts. It's helpful to be able to see if there's an alert condition under way, and a quick glance at the tray can let you know by using the event.
The notification will do one or both of the following:
Change default icon to red during alert conditions
If you already have PingPlotter showing in the tray, this will change the existing green icon and add red to indicate that an alert has fired. If you don't have PingPlotter in the tray already, then a red icon will be added to the tray. When the alert condition(s) are over, the icon will change back to blue.
Popup message in tray
This shows a "balloon" message coming out of the tray. Not all versions of Windows support this message (ie: some versions of Windows 95), in which case no balloon will show. Only one balloon can be shown at a time, so the newest balloon always wins (a new balloon message will replace an older one).
- Variable Substitution
- Auto-Saving of Data
- Running as a service
- Handling Multiple Targets
- Named Configurations
- Session Manager
- Local Network Discovery (LND)
- Exporting data for further analysis
- Route Changes
- Dynamic DNS Tracking
- Backing up PingPlotter Data
- Sharing PingPlotter data with others
- Discovering a route between you and a target
- Interpreting Results - A Quick Example
- Finding the source of the problem
- Finding the source of the problem - part 2
- Interpreting Results - Longterm Monitoring
- Interpreting Results - Gamers
- Interpreting ISP Problems | PingPlotter
- Interpreting Results - Bad Hardware
- Interpreting Results - Bandwidth Saturation
- Building a Compelling Case
- VoIP Troubleshooting Guide
Test end-user internet
PingPlotter Cloud helps solve network problems for other people.PingPlotter Cloud
Need an earlier version?
Versions one through four are available in the legacy manual.Legacy Manual